The classic hot dog gets a fun, Vietnamese-inspired twist with ingredients like crunchy shredded slaw, fresh cilantro, and a tangy French’s® Classic Yellow Mustard drizzle.
Crunchy Slaw | Serves 24
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Unseasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) Granulated Sugar
- 8 cups (2 quarts) Green Cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Red Onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) Jalapeno Pepper, sliced thin
Banh Mi Hot Dog | Serves 24
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) Frenchs ® Classic Yellow Mustard
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) Mayonnaise
- 24 each Hot Dogs
- 24 each Portuguese Rolls, split, toasted
- In a bowl, mix rice vinegar and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add cabbage, cilantro, red onion and jalapeño, tossing to coat well. Hold refrigerated for service.
- In separate bowl, mix Mustard and mayo. Hold refrigerated for service.
- For each serving, cook hot dog as desired. Spread 1 tablespoon of the Mustard mixture on inside of a warm roll. Place hot dog in roll. Top with 1/4 cup slaw.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches
- Cuisine: North American