A classic comfort sandwich with a smoky sweet-hot Mexican twist driven by Cholula® Chipotle Hot Sauce.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Lower heat to medium and sauté until onions become translucent.
- Add ground beef and ground pork to pan, cook, and stir to brown meats.
- Add BBQ sauce and Cholula to pan, stir and gently simmer until the sauce thickens. Hold hot for service.
- For each serving, heat 1 roll. Place two slices of pepper jack cheese on the bottom of the roll. Top with 3/4 cup of hot meat mixture. Garnish with 3 slices of avocado and 1 teaspoon of cilantro. Top with crown of roll. Serve hot.
This sandwich is also nice with additional garnishes or add-on sales such as crumbled Cotija, chopped bacon, pickled red onion or French's® Crispy Jalapenos.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches