Sliced chicken thighs tossed with a classic barbecue sauce that is laced with gold tequila and Cholula® Chili Garlic Hot Sauce.
Spicy Tequila BBQ Sauce
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan over medium-high heat, add tequila and reduce by half.
- Add BBQ sauce and Cholula, stir well, and bring to a simmer for just a few minutes. Hold warm for service.
Chili Garlic Red Cabbage Slaw
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and Cholula. Whisk well. Add cabbage, jicama, and cilantro, toss to combine. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set grill to medium-high. For each serving, heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cup chicken and 3 tablespoons sauce. Stir to combine and heat until warmed through. Toast 3 buns on the grill.
- Plate bottom of buns and cover each with a quarter slice of cheese. Top each with 1/3 cup sauced chicken, 2 tablespoons of slaw, and 2 pickles. Secure top bun with a pick. Serve hot.
This slider is also great made with pulled pork or beef.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches