Pan seared brats simmered in caramelized onion, beer and kraut on a Swiss cheese lined pretzel bun with French's® Stone Ground Dijon Mustard.
- In a lightly oiled heavy bottom pan or rondeau, over medium high heat, sear bratwursts on all sides. Remove bratwurst and set aside.
- Melt butter in pan. Add onions and cook until caramelized. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Return bratwurst to pan, add sauerkraut, beer and brown sugar. Stir to combine, bring to a simmer and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low until bratwurst are fully cooked. Hold hot for service.
- For each order, line pretzel bun with 2 slices Swiss cheese. Place 1/3 cup of sauerkraut mix over cheese. Top with bratwurst and drizzle with 1 tablespoon mustard. Serve hot.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American Regional