An uber-moist and nutty non-dairy version of classic banana bread using Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine banana, coconut milk, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, whip margarine or oil with sugar. Then beat in egg and vanilla. Switch speed to low and slowly alternate between flour and banana mixture.
- Once batter has come together, fold in toasted coconut.
- Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake 1 hour or until a cake tester comes out clean from the center of the loaf.
- Cool on a wire rack, in or out of the loaf pan.
This recipe makes 8 servings.
Serving suggestions for your menu:
Sear in a hot pan lightly buttered until golden on each side, creating a delicious caramelized crust. Top with whipped coconut cream and garnished with toasted coconut.
Dice, butter and toast for banana bread croutons to add a crisp and sweet garnish to ice cream and desserts.
Make into muffins or mini muffins for buffets and self service.
- Recipe type: Desserts
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 350
- Sodium: 290 mg
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Protein: 4 g