For a dessert that's out of the ordinary, try this summer fruit tart that's cooked on the grill! Peaches and blueberries, along with the Super Spices, cinnamon and ginger, result in a flavor combination that speaks of summer.
This recipe makes 6 scrumptious servings!
For the Tart Crust:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (400°F to 425°F) for indirect grilling. Prepare crust as directed on package. Place on heavy duty foil sprayed with no stick cooking spray. If necessary, press out any folds or creases. Brush crust with about 1/2 of the beaten egg white.
For the Fruit Filling:
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and ginger in large bowl. Add fruit and vanilla; toss gently. Spoon into center of crust, spreading to within 2 inches of edges. Fold 2-inch edge of crust up over fruit, pleating or folding crust as needed. Brush crust with remaining egg white. Place tart and foil over unlit burner. Cover.
For the Grilled Fruit Tart:
- Grill 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown, rotating tart and foil after 10 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
This recipe is also great baked in the oven and be sure to check out it's sister recipe: Easier Than Apple Pie on www.mccormick.com
- Recipe type: Desserts
- Cuisine: America
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes total/20 minutes cook
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 274
- Sodium: 180 mg
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Protein: 3 g