A seasonal favorite, one of classical elegance and sophisticated simplicity, our thyme and cinnamon poached pears are a truly unexpected pair in this decadent dessert, where th minty-green flavor accents of thyme compliments in the harmonious, subtle sweetness of a tasty trio: maple. cinnamon and lemon peel.
For the Pears:
- Peel and core the pears, leaving stems intact. Set aside.
For the Syrup:
- Mix remaining ingredients in large sauce pan and bring to boil.
- Place pears in liquid. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 20-30 minutes or until pears are tender. Remove pears from sauce pan and set aside.
- Continue reducing the syrup until about 3/4 cup left in the pan.
- Strain reduced syrup to remove the cinnamon sticks and thyme leaves.
- Serve pears with syrup spooned over and a sprig of fresh baby thyme.
- Serve warm, with an optional scoop of ice cream.
Poached pears and syrup can be made in advance and held in an air tight containers for a few days, then re-warmed, as ordered for service.
Why not try them on your bruncheon menus with one of our McCormick for Chefs spiced yogurts or with a side of waffles or crepes a la mode or with fresh whipped cream?!
- Recipe type: Desserts
- Cuisine: European
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 300
- Sodium: 15 mg
- Carbohydrates: 77 g
- Protein: 1 g