The buttermilk brine is a combination of buttermilk, brown sugar, and Frank’s RedHot® Original to make a really flavorful and juicy whole roasted chicken.
- In a bowl combine buttermilk, water, brown sugar, first amount of Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning, and Frank's® RedHot Original Hot. Whisk until well mixed and sugar is dissolved.
- Submerge whole chicken in buttermilk mixture and brine for 6-24 hours.
- Set oven to 325°F. Remove chicken from the brine and discard the brine. Wipe off excess brine and pat chicken dry.
- Season entire chicken evenly with the second amount of Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning. Place the seasoned chicken on a wire rack over a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Roast until chicken is cooked and reaches 155°F. Remove from oven and allow to relax for 10-15 minutes. The temperature will carry over cook to 165°F.
- Hold warm until needed or cool completely and use as desired.
This chicken can be served in quarters on the bone or pulled from the bone and used for sandwiches, salads, quesadillas or soups.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Prep time: 10 minutes + 6 hours of brining time