Created by Patty Thorpe, Chef Culinary Instructor of Culinard Culinary Institute in Richmond, VA, this culinary concotion of cheese, chicken thighs, diced tomatoes and corn tortillas with just the right amount of McCormick Ground Jalapeno and Crushed Red Pepper, will have you melting over this mouth-watering masterpiece.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Saute onions and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add thighs, tomatoes, chipotle, wine, ground jalapeno and crushed red pepper. Cover and braise in oven for 30 minutes.
- Once thighs are done, remove from pan, shred and hold in a warm place. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place braising liquid back on the heat and cook for a few minutes to reduce.
- Soften the tortillas in the braising liquid. Fill each with some of the chicken, a little sour cream and the cheeses and place in a 9x13 pan. Repeat until all shells are filled and the pan is full. (Note: you can have more than one layer).
- Drizzle braising liquid over and top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa and or guacamole.
Salsa and or guacamole make great accompaniments to this dish!
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Mexican