A Middle Eastern spice blend featuring hazelnuts and sesame seeds encrusts seared sea bass and adds texture and flavor to roasted broccoli rabe.
This recipe was developed for the Flavor Forecast: Looking Back to Look Forward.
Dukkah Spice Blende
- In a sauté pan over medium heat toast nuts until fragrant. Remove from pan. Add coriander, sesame, and cumin to pan and toast until fragrant. Remove from pan.
- In a spice grinder process nuts in batches until coarsely ground. Transfer to bowl. Repeat with toasted seeds until finely ground. Add to bowl with ground nuts. Add salt and pepper and mix well. Store in an airtight container.
- Coat one side of each portion of sea bass with 1 tablespoon dukkah spice blend. Store on a parchment lined sheet tray and hold refrigerated for service.
- Set broiler to high. For each serving, in a sauté pan over medium high heat sear 1 portion crusted fish in 1 tablespoon olive oil, starting with crusted side down, until well seared on both sides and reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
- While fish is searing, in a bowl toss 1/4 pound of broccoli rabe with 1 tablespoon each olive oil and dukkah blend until well coated. Place broccoli rabe on sizzle platter and broil until lightly charred and bright green.
- Place charred broccoli rabe down first on desired plate. Top with seared fish. Decoratively pour 2 tablespoons of béarnaise sauce overtop of fish. Serve hot.
Try crusting other proteins such as chicken or lamb with this dukkah spice blend!