Traditionally made with eggplant, this Sicilian dish has a tasty twist, with just the right balance of sweet and sour that will keep palates happy for hours!
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Trim the stem off the cauliflower and cut into steaks. Brush with two Tbsps. of the olive oil. Season with salt.
- Grill for 4 minutes on each side or until the cauliflower is tender but not falling apart.
For the Caponata:
- In a sauce pan heat the remaining olive oil.
- Put the pine nuts in the pan and toast until they turn golden brown. Take them out of the pan using a slotted spoon.
- Add the capers to the pan. Toast the capers for a couple of minutes and add the remaining ingredients except the parsley.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and let most of the liquid reduce out.
- Let the sauce cool to room temperature.
For the Assembly:
- Trim the cauliflower into florets and place it on the plate. Top with the caponata and the micro parsley.
This dish can be plated individually or works nicely family style on a large platter. It can be served with proteins such as seared scallops or grilled chicken.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Italian
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 300
- Sodium: 1240 mg
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Protein: 6 g