Fragrant lemon thyme, Meyer lemon peel, olive oil and honey enhance grilled lamb chops with a fresh Mediterranean flair.
This recipe was developed for the Flavor Forecast: Looking Back to Look Forward.
Meyer Lemon Risotto
- In a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and sauté until softened. Add rice and stir to until lightly toasted.
- Add lemon juice and Limoncello. Stir until liquid is absorbed. Stirring consistently, add 1/2 cup of the first amount of hot stock at a time, allowing liquid to be absorbed after each addition, until all stock is used. Stir in salt and pepper. Cool on a sheet tray and hold ambient for service.
- Set grill to medium high. For each serving, grill 2 portions of marinated lamb chops to desired doneness.
- While lamb is grilling, finish risotto by heating 1 cup of partially cooked rice in a saucepan. Add 1/2 cup remaining hot stock. Stir until fully absorbed. Remove from heat. Add 1/4 cup heavy cream and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese. Stir in 1 cup arugula.
- Place finished risotto on desired plate. Decoratively place lamb chops overtop of risotto. Garnish as desired. Serve hot.
This risotto could be made with a wild rice blend for a whole grain, heartier version.