This grilled salmon is highlighted by the extra punch of Bourbon BBQ and the sweetness of onions. Serve over a starch, as a sandwich, or with a fresh green salad.
Balsamic Onion Glaze
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat and add onions.
- Sweat onions, stirring often, until all liquid had evaporated, about 20 minutes, Add half of balsamic vinegar and simmer until absorbed.
- Add remaining balsamic and BBQ Sauce and reduce until a glaze. Season and set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Brush salmon fillets lightly with olive oil and season. Grill skin-side up, for 4 minutes, then rotate 90 degrees and cook 4 more minutes.
- Turn salmon over and cook for 8 more minutes for medium doneness.
- Serve salmon with Kentucky Bourbon BBQ Onions on the side.
Garnish this plate with French's crispy onions for additional crunch and flavor.
This is a versatile preparation that can be used with many different proteins from chicken to pork chops.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Total time: 15 Minutes