Fresh from the shores of San Diego comes a royal-worthy feast inspired by Chef's Roll Test Kitchen's Chef Mikel Anthony! Octopus, Scallops, Shrimp, Clams, Mussels and a Uni Puree, taste buds will be swimming in savory flavors all season long with this top menu choice!
For the Octopus
- In a large stock pot bring water to a boil along with the bay leaves, black peppercorns, salt and sliced oranges, lemons, and onions.
- Remove head and beak from octopus and add to boiling water.
- Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 45 minutes.
For the Seafood Feast
- Cook off the spaghetti until al dente.
- In a large saute pan melt 2 Tbsp of the butter.
- Sear scallops, cooked octopus, and shrimp in batches, adding more butter as needed. Season batches with 1 tsp OLD BAY a piece.
- Remove seafood and add mussels, clams, and white wine. Cover and steam until shellfish have opened.
- Remove mussels and clams and reduce remaining liquid by half.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in remaining butter and OLD BAY.
For Plating & Garnish
- Toss spaghetti, butter wine reduction, and seafood together.
- Plate and garnish with McCormick Tarragon Leaves.
Pasta can be cooked ahead of time and held cold, covered, until service, then re-warmed.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: North American