A jaw and jowl dropping good dish, this is one main course that will have tips of tongues on fire with top compliments! Prepared through a 72-hour sous vide session and plated with sour dough, cilantro cress and slice shallots, Chef Ted Corrado’s Glazed Pork Jowl on Toast’s warmth and waves of flavor is like an early summer for your diners’ taste buds! Created by Ted Corrado, Corporate Executive Chef of The Drake Properties – Drake Hotel, Drake Commissary, Drake One Fifty, Drake Commissary - in Ontario, Canada.
For the Pork Jowl
- Place pork jowl in vacuum pack bag and seal. Sous vide pork jowl at 55C for 72 hours.
- Remove and cool.
For the Wild Whiskey Smoked BBQ Glaze
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook onion and garlic for 10 minutes or until it’s translucent.
- Add bourbon, McCormick Culinary Black Pepper, Ground, salt, French’s Ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and wild whiskey smoked BBQ seasoning.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Run the sauce through a strainer, if you prefer a smooth sauce.
- Coat the pork jowls in glaze and grill until desired char is achieved.
For the Charred Peppers
- In a sauce pot heat beef demi. Once simmering add poblano peppers and cherry bomb peppers.
- Grill off one slice of sour dough bread. Slice charred pork jowls and place a few slices on the sour dough bread.
- Spoon on charred peppers and beef demi. Garnish with sliced shallots and cilantro cress.
This recipe makes 6-8 servings.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: American Regional