An indispensable blend of spices for Eastern Mediterranean cooking, Turkish Baharat seasoning puts a unique stamp on this dish. Cooked in a turmeric and yogurt stock and garnished with sour dried barberries and cashews, this chicken and rice meal has global comfort food written all over it.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Mix milk, stock, yogurt, turmeric, and 1/2 teaspoon of the sea salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mix Turkish baharat seasoning and remaining 1/2 teaspoon sea salt in small bowl. Coat chicken evenly with seasoning mixture. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in large ovenproof skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside.
- Melt another 2 tablespoons butter in same ovenproof skillet on medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion, carrots, and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Return chicken to skillet. Stir in rice and 1/4 cup of the barberries. Pour yogurt mixture over rice. Cover.
- Cook in oven 40 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in small skillet on medium heat. Add cashews and remaining 2 tablespoons barberries; cook and stir until cashews are golden brown.
- To serve, garnish rice with cashew and barberry mixture and green onions.
Visit http://mccormickforchefs.com/Recipes/T/Turkish-Baharat-Seasoning for the Turkish Baharat Seasoning recipe.
- Recipe type: Pasta and Rice
- Cuisine: Turkish
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 362 cal
- Sodium: 542 mg
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Protein: 20 g