Cheesy, smoky and delicious, chicken penne is a great comfort meal with a Cholula® Chipotle Hot Sauce twist.
- Set oven to 375°F. In a bowl combine pasta, chicken, queso fresco, crushed tomatoes, Cholula®, poblanos, oil, salt, garlic, and oregano. Mix together until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Transfer to a hotel pan, top with mozzarella cheese, bake until cheese is melted and casserole has an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Cool completely and cut into desired portions. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set oven to 375°F. For each serving, bake-off one portion of pre-baked pasta. Bake until warmed through and cheese is golden brown. Serve hot with desired accompaniments.
This dish can easily be plated in individual casserole dishes instead of a hotel pan and baked off for service.
- Recipe type: Pasta and Rice