A rustic rice dish, complete with crispy socarrat, the signature of good paella!
- Sauté the chorizo sausage until brown. Set aside. Sauté chicken until fully brown. Set aside. Add rice and cook until fragrant.
- Add the amount of water as directed on package and cook over the flame until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Place peas, tomatoes, and shrimp on top of the rice. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Turn off flame, and allow rice to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, be sure to scoop from the bottom, because that is where the crispy socarrat will be. It should be lightly browned, but not dark.
Zatarain's paella is great for catering, banquets, brunches, tapas, side dishes and a la carte entrees.
This entree recipe makes 12 servings.
- Recipe type: Pasta and Rice
- Cuisine: Cajun and Creole
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 630
- Sodium: 1830 mg
- Carbohydrates: 79 g
- Protein: 32 g