This dough will leave gluten-free patrons not missing a thing with it's crisp texture and flavor it's the perfect base to any gluten-free pizza! Now that's amore!
- In a medium bowl combine the warm water and sugar. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Add yeast and stir. Let sit until frothy, about 5-10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, baking powder, salt, and psyllium powder. Attach dough hook and with the mixer on its lowest setting slowly add the yeast mixture and oil. Knead in mixture until dough ball has formed.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer to a lightly greased large metal bowl. Cover with plastic and allow to rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Oil a half sheet tray heavily.
- Punch down risen dough and gently form into a loose rectangle. Lay in oiled tray and press out until dough is roughly the size of the sheet tray.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until dough is just beginning to turn golden brown. Pull from oven and top as desired. Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until toppings and crust are at the desired doneness.
For "fast pizza delivery" pre-bake some of the gluten free crusts for your lunch or dinner rush, then make to order, simply top and bake to desired doneness .
- Recipe type: Pizza and Flatbread
- Cuisine: Italian
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 400
- Sodium: 370 mg
- Carbohydrates: 75 g
- Protein: 5 g