Sweet and spicy flavors delivered from a blend of Frank's RedHot® Sweet Chili Sauce and Stingin' Honey Garlic Sauce with chicken finished in spicy McCormick® Culinary Japanese Seven Spice Seasoning.
Sweet & Spicy Sauce | Serves 1 12 inch pizzas
- 1 cup Franks ® Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 cup Franks ® Stingin' Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsps McCormick Culinary ® Red Pepper, Crushed
Seven Spice Chicken | Serves 1 12 inch pizzas
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken Thighs, boneless/skinless, pulled
- 1 tbsp McCormick Culinary ® Japanese Seven Spice
- 2 tbsps Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
Pizza | Serves 1 12 inch pizzas
- 4 each Pizza Crust, 12", par-baked
- 2 cups Sweet & Spicy Sauce
- 6 cups Mozzarella, shredded
- 3 cups Seven Spice Chicken
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper, 3/8" dice
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, 3/8" dice
- 3/4 cup Red Onion, julienne
- 2 tbsps Peanuts, dry roasted, chopped
- 4 tsps Cilantro, coarsely chopped
Sweet & Spicy Sauce
- In a bowl combine sweet chili sauce, honey garlic sauce, and crushed red pepper. Whisk until well blended. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Season diced chicken with Japanese Seven Spice Seasoning.
- In a sauté pan or wok heat both oils over high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Chill and hold refrigerated for service.
- Set oven to 400°F. Spread crust with 1/2 sauce, leaving a 1/2“ border along the edges.
- Cover with 1 1/2 cups cheese, top with 3/4 cup chicken, 1/4 cup each green and red peppers, and 3 tablespoons red onion.
- Bake until cheese is melted and crust is crisp. Cut into wedges, garnish with 1 1/2 teaspoons peanuts, 1 1/2 teaspoons scallions and 1 teaspoon cilantro. Serve hot.
This pizza build can easily be made vegetarian or with shrimp.
- Recipe type: Pizza and Flatbread