A refreshing twist on an Asian inspired lettuce wrap with the flavor and subtle heat driven by Cholula® Chili Garlic Hot Sauce.
Chili Garlic Chicken Filling
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat oils and saute onion until fragrant. Add ginger and continue cook until fragrant.
- Add chicken and cook stirring until slightly brown. Add Cholula® and BBQ sauce, stir to combine, and cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat and add peppers and scallions. Stir and refrigerate for service.
- Rinse lettuce, separate whole leaves, cover in damp cheesecloth. Hold refrigerated for service.
- For each serving, heat 1/4 teaspoon oil in a heavy bottom pan. Quickly pan sear 1 cup of Chili Garlic Chicken Filling until hot. Add 1 teaspoon cilantro and mix well.
- Plate 3 lettuce cups and spoon 1/3 cup of chicken mixture into the center of each.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.
Use this Dim Sum Chicken filling for fried wontons, dumplings, pot stickers, etc.
Try filling cold with shredded lettuce/cabbage in Spring Roll wraps.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads