Similar to the tandoori oven cooking method, these Indian-spiced shrimp skewers are roasted on high heat on the grill and added to a salad packed with bold sweet and sour flavors finished with a fresh mango dressing.
This recipe was developed for the Flavor Forecast: Looking Back to Look Forward.
- In a blender combine mango, lime juice, oil, Kashmiri Masala, salt, and red pepper. Blend until smooth. Hold refrigerated for service.
- In a bowl combine first amount of mint, lime juice, first amount of oil, honey, Kashmiri Masala, ginger, salt, and red pepper. Mix well. Divide and reserve one half. Add shrimp to remaining mint mixture and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a bowl toss mango chunks with oil. Thread shrimp and mango evenly between skewers. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set grill to high. For each serving, grill 2 prepared skewers until shrimp is pink, brushing with reserved mint mixture. Remove from grill and take shrimp and mango off skewers.
- Plate 1 cup of baby greens. Top with 1/4 cup tomatoes, 2 tablespoons red onion, and grill shrimp and mangos. Drizzle with 1/4 cup mango dressing and garnish with 1 tablespoon mint. Serve warm or chilled.
Make this salad into a pita wrap for a delicious sandwich option!
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads