Packed with nutrients, color and texture, this salad features black beluga lentils, ripe peaches, crunchy pecans, tangy Peppadew peppers and fresh arugula all dressed in a tarragon mustard vinaigrette.
For the Tarragon Mustard Vinaigrette:
- Mix olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, ground mustard, sugar, tarragon, sea salt, and black pepper in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Set aside.
For the salad:
- Rinse and drain lentils. Place lentils and water in medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Let drain 15 minutes.
For the Lentil and Peach Salad:
- Place lentils in large serving bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette to lentils; toss to coat. Add 1/2 cup of the peaches, 2 tablespoons of the pecans, the peppers, 3/4 tablespoon of the red onions and another 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Place remaining peaches, pecans, peppers and red onion on top of the lentil salad.
- Arrange arugula around the lentil salad.
- Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over the salad.
Black beluga lentils are small, shiny black when cooked - resembling caviar. They have a mild, earthy flavor and soft texture. They are most commonly found dried in natural food stores, the organic section of some supermarkets or online specialty stores. Peppadew peppers are a sweet, slightly spicy South African pepper that can be found in the jarred olive and pickle aisle of most groceries or online specialty stores.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 220 cal
- Sodium: 190 mg
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Protein: 6 g