A decadent succotash of freshly grilled corn, poblano pepper, and lima beans sauteed in butter with Cattlemen's® Smokehouse Rub and finished with fresh cherry tomatoes and cilantro.
Serves 1 quart
- 5 ears Corn, fresh, clean (will yield 2.5 cups cut from ear)
- 1 each Poblano Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Baby Lima Beans
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Onion, 1/4" diced
- 2 tsps Cattlemens ® Smokehouse Rub
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, split lengthwise
- 3 tbsps Cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsps Lime Juice
- 3 tbsps Cattlemens ® Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- Set grill to high. Place corn and poblano pepper on grill. Turn to lightly char all sides of corn and pepper.
- Wrap pepper in plastic and allow to cool. Remove charred skin, stem and seeds. Chop roughly. Cut kernels from cobb. Reserve.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat melt butter. Add onions and sauté until tender. Add Cattlemen's Rub, corn, lima beans and chopped pepper. Cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Add tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and Chipotle BBQ sauce. Toss until evenly distributed. Serve warm.
This is a great side dish for anything barbecued.
For some additional flavor and crunch try adding crumbled bacon!
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads
- Cuisine: America