A decadent succotash of freshly grilled corn, poblano pepper, and lima beans sauteed in butter with Cattlemen's Garlic and Lime Pork Rub and finished with fresh cherry tomatoes and cilantro.
- Place corn and poblano pepper on a hot grill. Turn to lightly char all sided of corn and pepper.
- Cook Lima beans in simmering water for about 7 minutes until tender. Drain and reserve.
- Wrap pepper in plastic and allow to cool. Chared skin should peel off easily. remove stem and seeds and chop.
- Once corn has cooled, cut kernals from cobb. Reserve.
- Sautee onion in butter until tender. Add seasoning, corn, lima beans and chopped pepper. cook stirring for an additional few minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cilantro and lime and finish with Chipotle BBQ sauce. heat and serve immediately.
This recipe is also wonderful with about 4 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon. If using bacon, half of the butter used to saute vegetables can be replaced with bacon fat.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads
- Cuisine: America
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes