Similar to Panzanella, this Middle Eastern salad combines crunchy Za'atar seasoned pita croutons with fresh ingredients for a flavorful salad upgrade. This recipe features our new Global Blends Za’atar Seasoning.
- Set oven to 425°F. In a bowl, combine pita wedges with olive oil and Za'atar. Toss until pita is well coated.
- Lay wedges in a single layer over a parchment lined sheet tray. Bake until golden brown. Cool completely. Hold in an airtight container.
- In a bowl combine lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, Za'atar, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly, until an emulsion has formed. Cover and hold until service.
- For each serving, toss 1 cup romaine, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/4 cup scallions, 1/4 cup radishes, and 2 tablespoons of parsley and mint in a bowl. Lightly crush 8 pita wedges into bowl. Drizzle with 3oz of vinaigrette, and toss until well distributed. Serve immediately.
Try Za'atar Seasoning on chicken or fish to top the salad. Substitute pomegranate molasses for balsamic glaze if unavailable.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern