A classic summer combination of strawberry and rhubarb, gets a year-round taste makeover with a touch of smoky heat from our crushed chipotle flakes making this chutney a contemporary go-to condiment!
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add rhubarb, orange juice, white balsamic, water, and sugar. Cook until the rhubarb begins to soften (about one minute).
- Add strawberries, and continue to simmer on low until mixture has thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Puree mixture in blender until smooth, season with chipotle pepper flakes, salt, and lime zest.
- Serve puree warm, or cool for later use.
Looking for a chunky chutney?! Skip the blend/puree in these instructions and finish the recipe as written!
- Recipe type: Sauces Condiments and Spreads
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 290
- Sodium: 530 mg
- Carbohydrates: 60 g
- Protein: 3 g