Our Warming Spice Blend creates a welcome balance in this pumpkin hummus – perfect for spreading onto sandwiches or wraps or enjoyed as an appetizer with Warming Spiced Parsnip Chips.
- In a blender, combine chickpeas, water, first amount of oil, honey, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic. Blend until mixture is smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add first amount of Warming Spice Blend and salt to the mixture, blend until fully incorporated.
- Add pumpkin puree and blend until mixture is thick and smooth. Hold refrigerated until needed. Bring up to room temperature for service.
- For each serving, plate 1 cup of prepared hummus. Garnish with 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and roasted pepitas and a teaspoon of the Warming Spice Blend. Serve alongside desired accompaniments at room temperature.
This pumpkin hummus is a great stand alone appetizer when served with these Warming Spiced Parsnip Chips, but also works great as a spread in sandwiches or wraps.
- Recipe type: Sauces Condiments and Spreads