Sweet agave and smoky paprika pair well in this grilled fruit salsa. Serve with taro or tortilla chips. Or serve as accompaniment to grilled chicken, pork or seafood.
- Cut 1/2-inch thick slice from flat sides of each mango. Score the flesh in a crisscross pattern, without cutting through the skin. (Reserve remaining mango for another use.)
- Grill mango, cut-side down, and pineapple over medium heat of well-greased grill 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning pineapple once. Cool until able to handle. Push mango from skin side to pop the flesh up. Cut both mango and pineapple into bite-size pieces.
- Mix grilled fruit, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, agave nectar, tequila and smoked paprika in medium bowl until well blended.
Makes a great "chips and dip" on your appetizer menu.
This recipe makes 12 - 1/4 cup servings.
- Recipe type: Sauces Condiments and Spreads
- Cuisine: Mexican
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 50
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Protein: 1 g