This relish gets its rich flavor from smoked tomatoes, onion, poblano chile, and Grill Mates® Smokehouse Maple Seasoning
- Soak wood chips in enough water to cover for 1 hour. Drain. Fill smoker box with wet wood chips. Place smoker box under grill rack on one side of grill. Close lid.
- Heat grill on high heat until smoke appears from chips. Reduce heat to medium. Place tomato halves, onions, and chili on grill rack. Close lid. Smoke vegetables for 5 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Brunoise dice the vegetables. Place in a medium saucepot, stir in brown sugar, cider vinegar, and seasoning. Cook on medium-low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool down and place in an airtight container, store in refrigerator.
This relish is a great complement to burgers, especially our Smokehouse Maple Chicken Burger.
- Recipe type: Sauces Condiments and Spreads
- Cuisine: America
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 20 cal
- Sodium: 25 mg
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Protein: 1 g