Boiled in broth and McCormick® Culinary® Mediterranean Style Ground Oregano, Erick Schlossers black lentils will impress even the biggest foodies, all while spicing up their senses with a seasoning of salt, sautéed veggies and McCormick® Culinary® Crushed Chipotle Pepper.
- In a small saucepan, combine black lentils, vegetable broth, and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes to finish plumping.
- Drain through a fine mesh sieve, then return lentils to pot and cover to keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, heat the grapeseed oil until almost smoking. Sauté the onion, carrot, celery, and fennel until translucent and tender. Season with salt and chipotle flakes.
- Pile cooked lentils and vegetables in a bowl, top with crème fraîche and sprinkle with parsley and chives.
- Recipe type: Sides
- Cuisine: America