For a crispy snack, toss fresh kale leaves with olive oil and you favorite DIY blend of McCormick herbs and spices or seasoning blends for a healthier and tasty alternative to conventional "chip" snacking!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash kale well then using a sharp knife, remove the central rib in each leaf and cut kale leaves into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Dry thoroughly in salad spinner.
- Place kale in large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Lawry's (R) Mediterranean Seasoning; toss well to coat.
- Place kale in single layer on 2 large shallow foil lined baking pans.
- Bake one pan at a time for 10 minutes or until crisp, rotating pan halfway through cook time.
- Cool 1-2 minutes before serving.
Try with other herbs and spices: substitute 1 teaspoon McCormick thyme leaves or McCormick Jamaican Jerk seasoning or McCormick Southwest seasoning instead of the Lawry's Mediterranean seasoning with a touch of sea salt.
This recipe makes 6 servings.
- Recipe type: Snacks
- Cuisine: Californian
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes | 20 mins prep & 10 mins cook
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 90
- Sodium: 130 mg
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Protein: 5 g