Spicy miso bone broth is paired with Stingin' Honey Garlic glazed short rib and chewy udon noodles for a unique and crave-able soup.
Spicy Sipping Broth
- In a pot place bone broth, miso, lemongrass, garlic, Japanese 7 Spice, bonito flakes, and dried nori. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain. Cool completely, cover and refrigerate for service.
- In a bowl whisk together the soy sauce, Stingin' Honey Garlic Sauce, and Japanese Seven Spice. Divide in two.
- Place one half in a Ziploc bag with the two soft boiled eggs. Allow to marinate for at least one hour, up to overnight. Reserve remaining mixture for service.
- For service, heat oil in sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 2 ounces short rib and sear on both sides. Add 1 ounce reserved soy sauce mixture. Cook until soy mixture has reduced and thickened to stick to short rib. Remove from pan and hold warm.
- Warm 2 ounces of udon noodles in boiling water until warmed through. Place in desired bowl. Top with 8 ounces spicy sipping broth, 2 tablespoons each edamame, carrots, bean sprouts, and snow peas.
- Remove 1 egg from marinade and halve. Place one half on finished udon bowl, reserve remaining half for additional plates. Finished with seared short rib. Serve hot.
Easily replace short rib for shrimp or thin slices of chicken and use the same preparation method for different protein options. Tofu would also work well.
- Recipe type: Soups Stews and Bowls
- Prep time: 10