This smoky hummus features Stubb's® Smokey Mesquite Legendary Bar-B-Q Sauce, infusing it with sweet and smoky hints that will leave you craving more.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place the garlic and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in some tin foil and make a pouch with it. Place this foil pouch in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes or until the garlic cloves are soft and slightly browned.
- Drain and rinse the beans and put them in the bowl of a food processor. Add in the tahini, roasted garlic, and barbecue sauce. Pulse a few times to chop up the beans.
- Remove the lid, scrape the sides down with a spoon or rubber spatula, and turn the machine back on. While the motor is running, drizzle in the 1/4 cup of olive oil. Remove the lid and scrape down the sides again.
- Add in some fresh lemon juice and a large pinch each of salt and pepper. Blend again and season with more lemon juice, salt, pepper, or barbecue sauce to taste.
Serve immediately, drizzled with a little olive oil or place in a resealable container and refrigerate until ready for use. Keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: America
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 350
- Sodium: 840 mg
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Protein: 10 g