We've taken our Sweet Ginger Almond Dipping Sauce best known as Frank's "first to market" glaze made from Frank's RedHot® Sweet Ginger Hot Sauce, almond butter and fresh pineapple puree and paired it with grilled chicken thigh kabobs, generously dusted with Lawry's Mango Habanero Wings & Things Seasoning.
For the Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Lay chicken thigh skin side down on a cutting board. Trim away any veins and the very darkest meat.
- Sprinkle thighs with about 1/8 teaspoon each of Lawry's Wings & Things Seasoning.
- Roll each thigh up tightly and secure each with 3 bamboo pics about ⅝ " apart. Cut between picks and trim ends to fabricate 3 each ⅝ " "Lolli-pop" chicken thigh kabobs from each thigh.
- As needed, spray and grill 3 kabobs on a medium grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 ͦF.
- Remove from grill and season the kabobs on both sides with an additional 1/2 teaspoon of Lawry's Mango Habanero Wings & Things Seasoning.
For the Garnish & Serving
- Plate and serve each order of 3 skewers with 2 ounces of Sweet Ginger Almond Dipping Sauce RECIPE >>
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
As the seasoning is rolled up within the thighs, the sugars dissolve and seasoning the interior of each rolled up kabob. Use a section of the grill that is medium heat to avoid burning. An easier, reduced labor option is to cut strips of thigh meat for kabobs. The weight of each is less than the rolled kabobs so each order may take 7 or 8 and the cooking time will be less than the thicker rolled kabobs.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: America
- Prep time: 45-50 minutes
- Total time: 53-60 minutes: 45-50 mins prep & 8-10 mins cook
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 510
- Sodium: 270 mg
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Protein: 61 g