Breaded artichoke hearts with a flavorful Cholula® dipping sauce and pickled peppers.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic, Cholula Original Hot Sauce, and Southwest Seasoning. Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed. Hold refrigerated for service.
- In a bowl, combine flour, garlic salt, and pepper. In a separate bowl, combine egg and water and mix well. In another bowl combine the bread crumbs with the Parmesan cheese.
- Set up standard breading procedure station for service with seasoned flour, egg wash, and panko. Dredge artichokes in flour, coat with egg wash, then roll in Panko crumbs. Hold frozen for service.
- Set frier to 350°F. For each serving, deep fry 24 artichoke pieces until golden brown.
- Plate as desired and top with 2 tablespoons pickled peppers and 1 tablespoon Cotija cheese. Serve warm with 2 ounces of Cholula Aioli.
Consider using other vegetables like mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini and brussels sprouts and preparing them in this manner.