Chef Brian Jupiter, Executive Chef at Frontier in Chicago, Illinois, will reel you into a flambé of familiar flavor favorites like our OLD BAY, minced garlic and crushed red pepper, that you won't be able to resist dipping into with his Crawfish and Crab Queso Fundido.
- In a blender combine peppers, tomatoes, almonds, breadcrumbs, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper and puree until smooth. Hold refrigerated for service.
Crawfish and Crab Queso Fundido
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add oil, onion, celery, bell peppers, jalapeno, garlic, OLD BAY® Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Sauté until vegetables are tender. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- In a bowl combine sautéed vegetables, crawfish and crab meat, and cheese until evenly distributed.
- Portion mix equally into 8 oz ramekins. Hold refrigerated for service.
- Set oven to 400°F. For each serving, bake one ramekin until cheese is melted and mix is heated through.
- Top with 1/4 cup romesco. Serve with 4 warmed corn tortillas.
Smother this fundido over a soft salted pretzel for a pub-style appetizer.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Latin American