Pork dumplings swimming in a silky soy and black vinegar sauce make an easy, approachable excuse to try homemade chili crisp.
Black Vinegar Sauce
- In a bowl, combine black vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar. Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Add homemade chili crisp and stir to combine. Hold refrigerated until service.
- In a bowl, combine ground pork, Chinese scallions, garlic, sugar, Shaoxing wine, salt, white pepper, and ginger. Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- To make each dumping, wet all edges of one wonton wrapper. Place roughly 1 1/2 tablespoons of filling in the center of the wrapper. Close all four sides around filling and squeeze together at the top, creating a pouch. Repeat for remaining wrappers, keeping finished dumplings cover to prevent wrappers from drying. Hold refrigerated or freeze until service.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. For each serving, boil 7 dumplings until cooked through. Pull from water and place on desired plate.
- Stir black vinegar sauce well. Top cooked dumplings with 1/4 cup of sauce. Garnish as desired. Serve warm.
This black vinegar sauce can be served on any type of dumpling.