Great, simple dish that can be served with garlic bread or pita as an appetizer or over pasta for a scampi entrée.
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp with 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saute pan. Sear shrimp in batches until just cooked through, set aside.
- Add sliced garlic to the remaining butter in the pan and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add white wine and remaining teaspoon of lemon pepper. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid has reduced by half.
- While white is reducing, combine cornstarch and water. Once liquid has cooked down, reduce heat to low and slowly drizzle in cornstarch mixture, whisking vigorously to incorporate. Simmer until liquid has thickened, continuing to whisk.
- Whisk in a few cubes of butter at a time, ensuring butter is fulling incorporated before adding more. Continue until all butter has been added to the sauce. Add back shrimp and finished with parsley flakes.
- Serve hot alongside garlic bread toasts for an appetizer or over pasta for an entree.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: America