Thick and juicy layers of flavor, our mesquite BBQ skirt steak quesadilla will have you full before you finish! With it's multi-layered tastes & textures, our one-of-a-kind, Grill Mates & Cattlemen's inspired Mesquite BBQ Sauce and bits of craveable heat, this quesadilla can't be beat!
For the Grilled Skirt Steak:
- Season skirt steak with Grill Mates and grill on both sides to desired temperature.
- Remove from grill, allow steak to rest a few minutes and cut into slices.
For the Quesadilla Assembly:
- Cut cheese slices diagonally and cover tortilla.
- Heat tortillas on a lightly oiled medium grill, flat top on in a pan to melt cheese.
- Cover cheese of each quesadilla with 2 ounces of sliced steak, 2 tablespoons crispy jalapenos, avocado, diced tomato, cilantro, and Mesquite BBQ Sauce RECIPE >>
- Fold tortilla in half. continue to heat until tortilla is crisp on the outside and the cheese is melted and the interior is hot.
- Cut tortilla in 3 wedges and serve with 1 1/2 ounces of Ranch dressing sprinkled with a pinch of reserved Grill Mates Mesquite Seasoning. Garnish with a cilantro sprig and serve immediately.
The crispy jalapenos add flavor, spicy heat, textural crunch and added thickness and value to the quesadilla. If jalapenos are not available, you can substitute by tossing French's Crispy Fried Onions in McCormick Culinary Ground Jalapeno Pepper or Lawry's Mango Habanero Wings & Things Seasoning.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 26-28 minutes: 20 mins prep & 2-8 mins cook
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 680
- Sodium: 1260 mg
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Protein: 26 g