Ooey gooey goodness...you've got to try this! We've taken a cheesy blend of cheddar and cream cheeses laced with sweet pimentos and the subtle complexity of McCormick Culinary Onion Powder and Garlic Powder and baked it until decadent, perfectly paired with crisp, garlicky crostini.
For the Ooey Gooey Pimento Dip:
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan melt cream cheese. Add shredded cheddar and heat stirring frequently to melt without burning.
- Add pimentos, mayonnaise, onion and garlic powder. Stir to combine and melt all the cheese.
- Measure one cup each of melted cheesy dip into 6 oven proof casserole dishes or bowls.
- Cover and bake about 20 to 30 minutes, until they are at least 165 ͦF. Remove cover.
- Sprinkle two tablespoons of French's Onions on each and return to oven until cheese is bubbling and golden, and the onions have browned slightly, about 3 minutes.
For the Garlicky Crostini:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 ͦF. Slice baguette to 3/8" and place on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with Garlic & Herb Seasoning, spray with oil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until slightly golden and crisp.
- Serve each hot pimento cheese crock with 7 to 8 crostini.
If serving to order on an a la carte menu, cover and refrigerate then without the French's Onions. Microwave them to order, cover with onions and pace in a hot oven for just a few minutes to crisp and brown and serve with hot crostini.
This recipe makes six (6) large, sensational, shareable appetizer portions, serving 3-4 persons per ramekin.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: America
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 90 minutes: 30 mins prep & 60 mins cook
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 1020
- Sodium: 1280 mg
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Protein: 27 g