Asparagus is not just a side dish: twist up your menu's roasted or steamed asparagus, with these crispy asparagus that compliment any appetizer menu! These tasty spears are dredged in parmesan herb coating and baked until crunchy. We then pair them with a creamy yogurt dip for the ultimate family-friendly snack.
For the Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip: 3>
- Place all ingredients in food proessor or blender container; cover. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
For the Parmesan Herb Asparagus Fries:
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray baking sheet with no stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Beat eggs in a separate shallow dish.
- Mix Panko, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, parsley and pepper in a third shallow dish.
- Roll asparagus in flour to coat.
- Dip in eggs, then coat in Panko.
- Spread asparagus in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
This recipe makes 8 servings.
Makes a great addition to your "sampler platter"...try them deep fried too!
Hold in a warm oven (200F) on a sheet tray with a rack in a single layer.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Californian
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 22 minutes: 10 mins prep & 12 mins cook
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 200
- Sodium: 510 mg
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Protein: 13 g