The perfect balance of flavor and heat on a vegetarian wing! Frank's RedHot® Original Seasoning provides all the craveable flavor patrons love on this alternate appetizer offering.
For the Dip
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, red onion, garlic powder, ground oregano, celery salt, and garlic cloves to mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate and let rest for 2 hours.
For the Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, mix canola oil with RedHot Seasoning until dissolved. Add cauliflower florets and toss until evenly coated. Place on baking sheet and put in the oven. Roast until tender to the bite. Set aside.
For the Batter
- Sift together the chickpea four, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and seasoning. Whisk in the warm water until blended smoothly. Add the blended pigeon peas into batter, adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Heat deep fryer oil to a temperature between 360ºF and 375ºF. Test oil with a spoonful of batter into heated fryer oil. Batter roasted cauliflower and fry for 2 to 3 minutes depending on size. Drain on paper towel lined baking sheet. Continue to cook in batches.
- Plate and serve with dip.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American Regional