Easy and elegant, this dish uses classic Middle Eastern flavors for an eggplant dish that would be great as a shared appetizer or vegetarian entrée. This recipe features our new Global Blends Za’atar Seasoning.
Za'atar Tahini Yogurt
- In a bowl combine yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, honey, Za'atar, garlic powder and salt. Whisk until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Set oven to 350°F. In a bowl combine Za'atar, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Use a pairing knife to deeply score each eggplant half with hash marks. Brush each scored side with olive oil. Sprinkle with spice blend.
- Set seasoned eggplant on a parchment lined sheet tray. Roast until eggplant is golden brown and tender. Cool and refrigerate until service.
- Set oven to 350°F. For each serving, place 3 eggplant halves on a sizzle platter. Flash in oven until warmed through.
- Place on desired plate and drizzle with 1/4 cup of yogurt sauce. Finish with 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds and 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves.
Altering portion size, as well as product size, can take this menu item from a shareable appetizer to a main course.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern