Don't let the size of these appetizers fool you - they're bursting with cheese and the smoky, warm flavors of Ancho and Chipotle Chile Peppers!
- Mix cheeses, ancho and chipotle chili peppers, cilantro, rosemary, garlic powder and bacon in medium bowl.
- Roll pastry dough into a 13x16 inch rectangle on lightly floured surface.
- Brush lightly with egg. Sprinkle bottom half of dough with half the cheese mixture.
- Fold top half over bottom half, then, once again, roll pastry into a 13x16 inch rectangle.
- Now, repeat brushing with egg and sprinkling with remaining cheese mixture, pressing lightly with rolling pin to adhere cheese to pastry.
- Cut pastry in half crosswise, then cut into 36 (3/4 inch wide) strips.
- Place strips on large baking sheets, a few inches apart, being sure to twist ends of strips to create a spiral, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F and bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.
- Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Serve warm or cooled.
This recipe yields 18 servings.
Serve these sensational straws with or in lieu of your bread basket offerings with your mezze or cheese & charcuterie plates or as an exceptional garnish to your soups, salads and entrees.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Californian
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 42 minutes: 30 mins prep/12 minutes bake
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 100
- Sodium: 180 mg
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Protein: 4 g