Marinated in a mix of chicken stock, coconut oil, and McCormick Culinary® Ground Black Pepper, this spicy stuffed recipe from Chef James Mitchell and Chef Danai Alexopoulos-Mitchell will have you rethinking how your tastebuds can jive with jackfruit. Fried inside handmade raviolis, your senses will rise as you take in the spicy marinara sauce, made from a savory blend of Marzano tomatoes, garlic, white onion and McCormick Culinary® Cayenne Pepper.
For the Marinated Jackfruit:
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
For the Pasta Sheets:
- Place flour in bowl and make a well. Place all ingredients in the well and with a fork begin to scramble, blending all ingredients until you get a sticky dough.
- Flour surface and place sticky dough in the middle and begin to knead until well incorporate and not sticky.
- Wrap up the dough and let stand for 20 minutes, while you prepare jackfruit stuffing.
For the Jackfruit Stuffing:
- Heat a pan filled with the coconut oil, cubed onion, garlic and chicken stock. Caramelize onions and garlic until transparent.
- When all liquid has been evaporated, add jackfruit marinade with the chicken stock and simmer for 20-25 minutes. When ingredients are soft and simmered, take two forks and mash and pull apart ingredients.
- Remove from heat, let cool and add crumbled goat cheese.
For the Spicy Marinara Sauce:
- Mix all of the ingredients and bring to a boil for about 30 minutes. Puree sauce.
For the Ravioli Filling:
- Create your raviolis, either by ravioli maker or by hand. Stuff all raviolis with filling and close.
- Deep fry the raviolis until golden brown.
- Plate on a chopping block with micro greens and spicy marinara dipping sauce.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: America