An Asian twist on the American favorite - Pulled Pork Sliders. Using Thai Kitchen and Lawry's products makes this dish a simple and flavorful addition to the menu
Pulled Pork Sliders | Serves 4 servings
- 2 pounds pork shoulder
- 1/4 cup Asian Ginger Garlic Chile Rub
- 1/2 cup Thai Kitchen ® Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 8 eaches Slider Buns
- 1 cup Asian Slaw , (see recipe below)
Green Curry Aioli | Serves 4 servings
- 1 tbsp Thai Kitchen ® Green Curry Paste
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsps Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
Asian Slaw | Serves 4 servings
- 4 tsps Mirin
- 4 tsps Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsps Sugar
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Coleslaw Mix
- 2 cups Red Cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup Snow Peas, julienned
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
Pulled Pork Sliders"
- Rub pork shoulder with dry rub, place in roasting pan and allow to set for 30 minutes. Combine sweet chili sauce and rice wine vinegar and pour over pork. Pre-heat oven to 300ºF and roast pork, covered, for 3 to 4 hours or until very tender.
- For the Green Curry Aioli: Combine green curry paste, mayonnaise, lime juice, and cilantro. Refrigerate and allow flavors to marry for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork and allow meat to cool slightly. Reserve pan drippings in a bowl and degrease. When pork is cool enough to handle, shred into bite size pieces. Pour pan drippings back over shredded pork and toss to coat.
- Spread each slider bun with 1 tablespoon green curry mayo, top with 2 ounces pulled pork and 2 tablespoons of Asian Slaw. Serve immediately.
- Combine Mirin, soy sauce, and sugar over low heat until sugar dissolves. Allow to cool and whisk in sesame oil and vegetable oil.
- Toss together with coleslaw mix, red cabbage, snow peas and red onion.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Serve on or beside Thai Pulled Pork Sliders with Green Curry Aioli.
Serve the pork and slaw over steamed rice for a rice bowl version.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 1070
- Sodium: 1400 mg
- Carbohydrates: 72 mg
- Protein: 50 g