Looking for something on the lighter, fresher side of the summer sun?! Well look no further, these summer rolls are light and fresh, complimented by the perfect peanut dipping sauce, that's an all day eat-treat on any menu. Move over summer salads, these vegetable summer rolls are here on their own flavor stay-cation!
For the Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside until plating.
For the Vegetable Summer Rolls:
- Preheat grill to high. In a medium bowl toss shiitaki caps with the oil and Lawry's Asian Seasoning. Grill until grill marks have formed and caps have softened. Cool and slice into 1/8" strips.
- Fill a 6" third pan with warm water. Submerge one of the summer roll wrappers in the warm water for about 5 seconds. Lay on clean cutting board. In the center of the wrapper, place 2 mint leaves in a horizontal line. Lay 3-4 cilantro leaves next to the mint leaves. Overtop of the mint and cilantro in a similar line in the center of the wrapper place 2 Tbsp of the sliced shiitaki, cabbage, bell pepper, bean sprouts, and carrots.
- Fold the the edge closest to you over the fillings and gently pull taught over fillings. Fold over edges, and finish rolling the wrapper (similar to a burrito wrap). Cut on a bias.
- Serve 2 rolls per plate with peanut dipping sauce.
Peanut dipping sauce makes a great vinaigrette for a variety of salads.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 420
- Sodium: 970 mg
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Protein: 13 g