This summer, think above the rim when making your next cooling cocktail with help from Chef Duskie Estes. Create a perfect 3-pepper rim with a winning combination of white pepper, black pepper and our delicious pink peppercorns. Want to make something new for inside the glass? Muddle up some strawberries, tequila, lemon, lime and a scoop of your 3-pepper rim for a magnificent Mangosteen Smash.
For the 3 Pepper Rim:
- In a small bowl, combine white pepper, black pepper and pink peppercorns. Set aside ¼ teaspoon of the pepper mix for the cocktail.
- Add sugar and salt to the larger amount of pepper.
- Pour a splash of the mangosteen juice in a plate.
- Dip the rims of 4 glasses in the mangosteen juice and then into the sugar, salt, pepper mixture.
For the Mangosteen Smash:
- In a cocktail tin, muddle the strawberries and add the tequila, mangosteen, lemon juice and lime juice, the reserved ¼ teaspoon of the 3-pepper rim and a scoop of ice.
- Shake and divide into the 4 prepared glasses.
Using a paring knife, slice through the thick skin of the mangosteen and remove the top. Carefully remove the fruit from the shell using your hands and reserve for use.
- Recipe type: Beverages
- Cuisine: New American