Fresh carrot juice and ginger lend vibrant color and warm flavor to this innovative cocktail.
For the simple syrup:
- Place ginger in center of a piece of cheesecloth. Tie tightly with long piece of string. Place ginger sachet, water, and sugar in small saucepan on medium heat. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat.
- Refrigerate overnight to blend flavor. Remove sachet. Store spiced syrup, covered, in the refrigerator. (Makes 8 ounces; 16-1/2 ounce servings.)
For the cocktail:
- Fill cocktail shaker two-thirds full with ice.
- Add carrot juice, vodka, Ginger Simple Syrup, and orange-flavored liqueur; shake until well mixed and chilled.
- Strain into martini glass.
- Garnish with shaved carrot, if desired. Serve immediately. (This recipe makes one cocktail.)
Leftover Ginger Simple Syrup can be used to sweeten iced tea or lemonade.
- Recipe type: Beverages
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 110
- Sodium: 20 mg
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Protein: 0 g