Cinnamon Spiced Wine Whiskey Sour Made with McCormick® Culinary Pure Orange Extract.
- In a heavy bottom pot over medium heat, simmer red wine and cinnamon.
- Turn off the heat and cool. Hold ambient for service.
- Spread cinnamon in a skillet and burn the top with a blow torch.
- Add sugar and stir until evenly distributed. Hold ambient for service.
- For each serving, on a small plate, spread out burnt cinnamon sugar. Wet rim of a whiskey glass and dip into cinnamon sugar. Fill 3/4 full with ice and set aside.
- In a shaker add 1 oz each, whiskey, lemon juice, simple syrup and orange juice. Add 1 teaspoon orange extract, top with ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain and pour over prepared whiskey glass. Float 1 oz of spice wine on top. Garnish with 1 burnt cinnamon stick.
Substitute Rosé and Gin for a more summery drink.